Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

Week 4, 2010

Well, even my DH commented this week that he is enjoying the variety of my meal planning and I know he is enjoying my calm replies when he comes home from work and asks what we are having for dinner, versus the old, panicked I don’t know yet……
I am excited my friends are starting to think of me and the website with their ideas as well, I am looking forward to trying some new recipes of my friends as well.

Week 4 and no repeats so far, wow that impresses even me! This week DH and I are having shrimp alfredo while the kids have ravioli one night, and another night we are having veggie sandwiches and the kids will have chicken strips, but DH and I love these sandwiches and I really want them this week. The veggie sandwiches are meant to cook extra vegetables and then use the left-overs the next night with pasta the notes are at the bottom of the recipe, if you are not making the pasta the next night, reduce the amount of vegetables by about half. The new recipe for the week is orange chicken, my kids love this from the box at wholesale club, but they were out today, and I would really like to make it a littler healthier. I have tried other recipes in the past that did not compare, so hopefully this one will be good, I will let you know after I cook it.
By the way, did you know that after I cook a new recipe I reply to the post on the recipe and let you know what the family thought??
So this week I may be cooking two meals a couple of nights, but just knowing what I am having is so great! Who knows maybe the kids will be adventurous this week!
Have a great week, Sherri

Turkey Marsala
Shrimp Alfredo
Sliders and fries
Orange Chicken
California Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches

For other recipe ideas go to sharemealideas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment